The Northern Kentucky Saints Wrestling Club
Due to the Covid pandemic there are many changes to sports, wrestling will be impacted with a later start to the season. The recommend protocols are still being work upon and we are still assessing the competition schedule. There will be many more changes but the only guidance we have from Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) is the start of the practice is November 2nd for high school, we have always started the middle school season the following week and youth two weeks after the start of high school. This is a very fluid season but we are working hard to have a season. Please know this - we will follow every protocol to provide our wrestlers a safe practice and competition environment.
The NKY Saints Wrestling Club founded 2010, closed out the decade by winning the Youth Regional tournament! The wrestling club is open to boys and girls that are elementary and middle school students, regardless of your school. Our coaching staff has over 75 combined years in wrestling, as wrestlers and as coaches; all are Virtus Trained. We are committed to develop wrestlers that will compete at the next level for state championships.
No experience is needed. There are no try-outs, everyone makes the team and everyone competes.
- Youth wrestlers, grades K-6, will wrestle kids their age, weight, and experience levels.
- Middle school wrestlers, grades 6-8, will wrestling based on standard Middle School weight classes ranging from 70 to 240 pounds. 70–75–80–86–92–98–105–113–121–130–140–152–168–190–240
- Youth will practice 2 nights a week (Tue & Thur) and Middle School will practice 3 nights a week (Mon, Wed, and Fri) but subject to change.
- Club Fees covers practice facility rental, USA Wrestlers membership, and insurance:
- Youth - $120 (if more than one wrestler $80 each)
- Middle School - $150 (if more than one wrestler $125 each)
- Returning wrestlers fees are due prior to the first practice. New wrestler have a one week grace period to pay fees. Payment can be made via Venmo, check or cash
- You will be responsible for purchasing wrestling shoes, head gear, warm-ups (minimum of shorts & t-shirt), and a singlet (wrestling uniform). Additional logo wear will be available and will be covered in the parent’s meeting
- Register your wrestler using this site
- Registration opens October October 5th and closes December 1st
- Order wrestling singlet - prior to November 30th
Practice - When and Where?
- At the first practice we will need a physical for your wrestler from your doctor
- Practices will be at Covington Catholic High School. Location to be determined
- Middle School practices will start the week November 9th
- Middle School practices 3 times per week, days to be determined. Please review the calendar
- Competition tournaments are on Saturdays
- Season schedule to be posted soon
- Youth practice begins the week of November 16h
- The practice location will be the same as the Middle School
- Practice will be 2 days per week. Exact days to be determined. Please review the calendar
- If your wrestler has wrestled for more than 2 years and is in the 5th grade they are eligible to practice with the middle school to get more practice
- Competition tournaments are on Sundays, with either morning or afternoon sessions
A vast majority of NFL players were wrestlers, so if your son plays football, wrestling is a great complementary sport, if you are frustrated with basketball playing time, all wrestlers get to compete! And because wrestlers are matched up by weight (and age for youth), wrestling is perfect for any and all size wrestlers.
Please email Jim Hummeldorf, Club Director, if you have any questions prior to the first practice. You can contact any coach for more information.