The Northern Kentucky Saints Wrestling Club
The NKY Saints Wrestling Club is open to all elementary and middle school students, regardless of your school. Our coaching staff has over 75 combined years in wrestling, as wrestlers and as coaches; all are Virtus Trained. We are committed to develop wrestlers that will compete at the next level for state championships.
No experience is needed. There are no try-outs, everyone makes the team and everyone competes.
- Youth wrestlers, grades K-6, will wrestle kids their age, weight, and experience levels.
- Middle school wrestlers, grades 6-8, will wrestling based on standard Middle School weight classes ranging from 70 to 240 pounds. 70–75–80–86–92–98–105–113–121–130–140–152–168–190–240
- Youth will practice 2 nights a week (Tue & Thur) and Middle School will practice 3 nights a week (Mon, Wed, and Fri).
- Final fees will vary based on youth, middle school, and multiple wrestlers per family but it covers practice facility rental, USA Wrestlers membership, insurance, and MS tournament fees. (More details at our parent’s meeting when practice starts)
- You will be responsible for purchasing wrestling shoes, head gear, warm-ups (minimum of shorts & t-shirt), and a singlet (wrestling uniform). Additional logo wear will be available and will be covered in the parent’s meeting.
When and Where?
- At the first practice we will need a physical for your wrestler from your doctor
- Practices will be in the Covington Catholic's gym entrance
- Middle School practices will start the week October 22th
- Middle School practices will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, however this will change with events held in the gym. Please review the calendar
- Competition tournaments are on Saturdays
- Season schedule to be posted soon
- Youth practice begins the week of October 29, 2019
- The practice location will be the same as the Middle School - entrance to Covington Catholic's Gym
- Practice will be on Tuesday and Thursday, however this will change with events held in the gym. Please review the calendar
- If your wrestler has wrestled for more than 2 years and is in the 5th grade they are eligible to practice with the middle school to get more practice
- Competition tournaments are on Sundays, with either morning or afternoon sessions
So, if your son plays football, wrestling is a great complementary sport, if you are frustrated with basketball playing time, all wrestlers get to compete! And because wrestlers are matched up by weight (and age for youth), wrestling is perfect for any and all size wrestlers.
Please email Jim Hummeldorf, Club Director, if you have any questions prior to the first practice. You can contact any coach for more information.