The Northern Kentucky Saints Wrestling Club
The NKY Saints Wrestling Club is open to all elementary and middle school students, regardless of your school. Our coaching staff has over 75 combined years in wrestling, as wrestlers and as coaches; all are Virtus Trained. We are committed to develop wrestlers that will compete at the next level for state championships.
No experience is needed. There are no try-outs, everyone makes the team and everyone competes.
- Youth wrestlers, grades K-6, will wrestle kids their age, weight, and experience levels.
- Middle school wrestlers, grades 6-8, will wrestling based on standard Middle School weight classes ranging from 70 to 240 pounds.
- Youth will practice 2 nights a week (Tue & Thur) and Middle School will practice 3 nights a week (Mon, Tue, & Thur).
- Final fees will vary based on youth, middle school, and multiple wrestlers per family but it covers practice facility rental, USA Wrestlers membership, insurance, and MS tournament fees. (More details at our parent’s meeting when practice starts)
- You will be responsible for purchasing wrestling shoes, head gear, warm-ups (minimum of shorts & t-shirt), and a singlet (wrestling uniform). Additional logo wear will be available and will be covered in the parent’s meeting.
When and Where?
- At the first practice we will need a physical for your wrestler from your doctor.
- Practices will be in the Covington Catholic High School Wrestling Room on the CovCath campus (2nd floor of the Schott Building at the end of the football field)
- Middle School practices will start on Monday, October 22th , 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Week day practices will be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Competition tournaments are on Saturdays.
- Youth practice begins on Tuesday, October 30th, 6:30 to 8:00pm. Weekly practices will be Tuesday and Thursdays, however you can attend Monday’s Middle School practice to get more mat time, if your wrestlers is in the 5th grade and is not a first year wrestler.
- Competition tournaments are on Sundays, with either morning or afternoon sessions.
So, if your son plays football, wrestling is a great complementary sport, if you are frustrated with basketball playing time, all wrestlers get to compete! And because wrestlers are matched up by weight (and age for youth), wrestling is perfect for any and all size wrestlers.
Please email Jim Hummeldorf, Club Director, if you have any questions prior to the first practice. You can contact any coach for more information.